Thursday 8 May 2014

Why I'm getting excited for GTA's Online

The High Life Update will be out next Tuesday, and with it brings a few well needed changes that will help to balance the gameplay and make things more enjoyable for players like me. Originally I disliked the direction Rockstar Games was going with Online because they left too many things unhinged and sorta broken, such as the bad sport system and the payouts for missions and races. Now that the bad sport system has been fixed to make things easier and the payouts are getting significantly more larger, Rockstar now is aiming to go all out for this update! Let me list some of the key things that I'm excited for

1. More Garage Space: 10 cars is fine, but 20 cars is even better! The big pusher for this update is the new apartments but the secret kicker to this one is the ability to own two separate properties at the same time. Some players may instantly own two apartments but I'm aiming for two garages. Why? Because with two 20 car garages, I can now expand on collecting unique cars. Plus, since you can now arrange those cars in a specific order now, it will make things even more enjoyable!

2. Non Contact Races: Do you hate getting knocked out of the race by some dickwad? Well praise Rockstar for this one! The Non Contact setting will make players unable to crash into one another. You'll just go through the other player. This pretty much eliminates the single most annoying aspect of non GTA Races as it prevents griefing and allows for a more cleaner, pure racing experience.

3. Your Upgrades Are Powerless: I do not own super cars, they're ugly and quite honestly don't serve any purpose. However, it can be annoying when other players have fully upgraded cars that buzz by my stock racer. This will no longer be a problem as another option for races will make those upgraded cars look pretty (?) but go the same speed as the stock cars. Again, this will help to balance the race as it prevents users with upgraded cars from dominating the race over and over again. This makes it so that you actually have to learn to race rather than rely on just your powerhouse super car.

There is just one thing I'm worried about...

4. Car Spawn Changes (?): I have a thing for collecting rare and unique cars. Some cars in my collection were added into the shop and some were simply phased out of existence. The big concern I have is cars like the Tailgater or the Sentinel will end up being put on the shop or removed from the game, therefore kinda killing the sport of finding those cars in the first place. I love spending hours looking for these cars and if they do end up being put on the shop, it will kinda leave a sour taste in my mouth. The update will add new cars and that usually means that some cars already in the game will end up being shifted onto the shop. Hopefully the damage won't be too bad as I would like to still have rare cars that I can hunt for instead of buying them online.

So far +Rockstar Games is recovering well from the nasty disaster they had in GTA Online's earlier existence. If they keep this up, GTA Online will become a very lovable game mode. Just be careful to not forget about the fans that truly know how to play GTA, instead of the 12 years olds that treat it like a FPS.

No comments:

Post a Comment