Sunday 16 March 2014

12 Year Olds and M rated games

A few days ago I went out and purchased a brand new headset for my Xbox. I needed one because the last one I had broke and there were some friends of mine that the only way to talk to them was through a game. The headset I got wasn't the best thing on the planet but it would get the job done.

While I was opening the package I noticed that the product was for people ages 12 and up. I though nothing of it until I began to realise something..

12 year olds are using this.

Stop and think for a second here....

12 year olds are using this.

12 year olds are openly communicating with other players that can be far older than themselves; yelling, screaming profanities, being a general pest to others.

12 year olds....

Anytime I go online and start to play a game with multiplayer, I'll always hear these young kids acting as though the rules of life not apply. They swear like it's no tomorrow.

Then another thought came to my head.

WHY IN THE FUCKING HELL ARE PARENTS ALLOWING THEIR 12 YEAR OLDS PLAY GAMES NOT MEANT FOR THEM? (Cap usage is cap)


I'm sorry, but when I hear of a 12 year old playing GTA5, it makes me want to give their parents a good smack in the face for being fucking idiots.

There is a reason why a rating system was put into place; to set the ground rules for what ages can play what. M rated games are for adults, not for children.

And because those kids are playing these kinds of games they become accustomed to the bad way of things; they begin to swear, be aggressive towards others before they learn that such things are wrong. All because their parents wanted to make little Billy shut up about GTA5.

Have we really become so light to kids that we just give them what they want even if it's bad for them? What's next? Are we going to give kids drugs and alcohol just to make them shut up about it?

So to all those parents out there; take those bloody games away from them until they're older. Let them play a game that isn't M rated or T rated. Believe it or not, gaming doesn't have to be about Call of Duty or GTA5.


No comments:

Post a Comment